By ARU Media
Brad Harris and Darren Coleman have made several changes to the side for the second and last match of the Barbarians tour of New Zealand against the Heartland XV at Cooks Garden, Wanganui.
CSU Country Eagles pair Jarome Mackenzie and Jack Pennington have both come into the team and will start on either wing, with Paulie Tuala, Larry Hermens and Dean Oakman-Hunt all being rested.
The front row will see Jed Gillespie starting at 1 and Tyrel Lomax starting at 3 after impressive games off the bench last Tuesday, with the captain Ryan Dalziel at hooker.
Ben Hyne will lead the second row, with Nick Palmer coming into the number 5 jersey after a strong performance in the second half in game one.
UC Vikings’ Rowan Perry moves to blindside flanker and CSU Country Eagles’ Mark Baldwin comes in for his debut Barbarians game. Sam Figg moves to number eight after an impressive display off the bench on Tuesday.
A straight swap at scrumhalf, with Dewet Roos starting and Isaac Thompson will stay at flyhalf.
The duo of Rodney Iona and Tom Hill will start once again after both were superb in game one.
An all Sydney affair in the back three, with new-comers Jarome Mackenzie and Jack Pennington starting at 11 and 14 respectively, with Paul Asquith at fullback once again.
Co Head Coach Brad Harris says his team are looking to go two from two and want the clean sweep in Wanganui.
“There’s no doubt we’re going for the win, we want to win this game as badly as we wanted to win the first. The boys have trained well all week and even with the short turn around, we’ll put our best team on the park.”
Harris admits that players missing the second game is unfortunate, but says the team understand the system in place.
“I mean it’s tough when players miss out, but the boys understand that equal playing time is what this tour is all about. We have such a great group of guys here and they are all about the team.”
The Barbarians drive north to Wanganui tomorrow.
Fixture Information: Game Two, NZ Heartland XV vs Australian Barbarians; Tuesday 10 November; Cooks Gardens, Wanganui; 6.00pm NZT / 4.00pm AEDT
Tuesday 10 November: Game One, NZ Heartland XV 32-38 Australian Barbarians; Levin Domain, Levin
Australian Barbarians Team to play the New Zealand Heartland XV on Friday 13 November:
1. Jed Gillespie (Greater Sydney Rams)
2. Ryan Dalziel (CSU Country Eagles)
3. Tyrel Lomax (UC Canberra Vikings)
4. Ben Hyne (Brisbane City)
5. Nick Palmer (CSU Country Eagles)
6. Rowan Perry (UC Canberra Vikings)
7. Mark Baldwin (CSU Country Eagles)
8. Sam Figg (CSU Country Eagles)
9. Dewet Roos (Greater Sydney Rams)
10. Isaac Thompson (UC Canberra Vikings)
11. Jarome Mackenzie (CSU Country Eagles)
12. Rodney Iona (UC Canberra Vikings)
13. Tom Hill (North Harbour Rays)
14. Jack Pennington (CSU Country Eagles)
15. Paul Asquith (Greater Sydney Rams)
16. Harry Scoble (Perth Spirit)
17. Cameron Orr (Greater Sydney Rams)
18. Duncan Chubb (Melbourne Rising)
19. Phil Potgieter (Queensland Country)
20. Waita Setu (Brisbane City)
21. Mitch Short (CSU Country Eagles)
22. Maalonga Konelio (Perth Spirit)
23. Andrew Robinson (Sydney Stars)
New Zealand Heartland XV fixtures:
Date: Saturday 7 November
Who: New Zealand Heartland XV 47 v 42 New Zealand Marist
Venue: Trust House Memorial Park, Masterton
Date: Tuesday 10 November
Who: New Zealand Heartland XV 32 v 38 Australian Barbarians
Venue: Levin Domain, Levin
Date: Friday 13 November
Who: New Zealand Heartland XV v Australian Barbarians
Venue: Cooks Gardens, Wanganui