Thankfully, betting on Rugby does not have to be as challenging as playing the game itself. If you’re new to Rugby betting, but if you are a fan of the sport and think you have good Rugby insights, then using your knowledge to place strategic Rugby bets could fetch you some decent winnings. However, before you jump into the thick of the betting action, here are a few important things to keep in mind when betting on Rugby.
Choose the Right Sportsbook
To place a Rugby bet, you will need to deal with a bookmaker. This could be a local betting shop or an online sportsbook. These days, online sports betting websites have become the preferred option since you can find the best odds and plenty of bet markets right from the comfort of your own home. You can even choose to pay for the bet from a number of convenient online banking options and winnings are credited to your online sportsbook account in an instantaneous and secure manner.
You’ll be pleased to know, there are plenty of new online casinos that also offer sports betting. On such sites, you can bet on Rugby, various other sports and play real money casino games like slots, video poker, roulette, blackjack, and more. However, if you’re going to play at an online sportsbook or casino, you must know that there are some really good ones, but there are also some shady ones that are better avoided.
Before you invest money into an online sports betting website, make sure the site you have chosen has a good reputation and that it is licensed by a reputed online gambling commission. By implementing this basic checklist, you can avoid being swindled by a frivolous website fronting to be a legitimate sportsbook, the likes of which there are many on the World Wide Web.
It’s certainly a good idea to read the terms and conditions of the website and their withdrawal policy to get an idea of how things work before you start wagering. Some online sportsbooks may even give you a free bet to start with. This is a good way to test the website without spending your own money.
Comprehend the Different Bet Types
Depending on which sport you choose to bet on, there are going to be various bet types that are available for the taking. When it comes to Rugby there are some main bet markets that you should familiarize yourself with. By understanding the different bet types and how to play them, you will be able to make best use of your Rugby insights by choosing the right bet type for what you foresee to happen in the game. Some of the main bet types in Rugby are as follows:
- Outright results: This is one of the most commonly taken bets in Rugby betting and is also very straightforward. Basically, you just need to predict which team you think will win and back them with an outright bet. If your prediction comes true, you will receive winnings depending on the odds at which the outright bet was taken.
- Accumulators: An accumulator is basically a bet which is a combination of other individual bets. If all bets in your accumulator happen to be winning bets, then your entire accumulator is a winning bet. The odds you get for an accumulator are nothing short of fantastic!
- Half Time/ Full time: In a half-time bet, you just need to predict which team is going to be in the led when the game goes into the half-time break. However, in a half-time/full-time bet, you need to predict which team will lead going into half time and which team will win at the end of the game. Since you need both predictions to come true, you usually get better odds in this type of bet than in outright results bet.
- Try Scorer: Predict which player will be the first one to score a try in the game.
- Handicap: When there is a clear favorite, the bookmaker could offer a handicap and the punter could get better odds. Basically, the favored team must win and also overcome the stated handicap.
Know your Team of Choice and Their Opponents
It pays to study the team you are backing as well as the opposition. Some teams are better in terms of brute strength, some have better team work, and so on. By understanding the strengths and weakness of each team, you can make accurate predictions more consistently, especially in Rugby.
Keep an Eye Out on the Weather Forecast
Some teams simply don’t fare well in rainy weather. Typically, teams that rely on their attacking prowess and try to outscore the other team might be at a disadvantage when conditions are wet and the ball is difficult to control. In such scenarios, you might consider picking the better defensive team, even if it is the underdog in normal weather conditions.
Don’t Fix Something that isn’t Broken
As you spend more time betting on Rugby, you may come up with some of your own betting strategies that work well for you. If you find that your win rate is better when you use your strategies, then don’t give up on the methodology just because it does not work every time. No strategy is going to work 100% of the time. If you keep changing your strategy, you’re only going to further jeopardize your win rate over time.